A Shining Beacon Over the Years!
WEMIHS is well acknowledged for her commitment to community transformation as demonstrated by her high impact and sustainable community driven impact programs.
- Her current and most recent programs include
- Comprehensive Early Child Hood Initiative (CECDI)
- Child protection
- Adolescent girls’ mentorship programme
- Responsive sustainable livelihoods with evidence for improved coping mechanism among ultra-poor female headed households tracked through; house food security, climate change adaptation, incomes and engagement with markets.
These interventions have reached well over 30,000 beneficiaries with continued benefits to
the lager community with children and women the largest beneficiary groups impacted.
Among other significant milestones established and well acclaimed achievements by WEMIHS
over the years include:
- High ability to adapt participatory approaches in enabling communities identify their own health and development needs and come up with community driven interventions using local resources.
- Community managed village development bank
- Establishment of community managed early childhood development centers providing children from marginalized house-holds greater access to safe learning environment.
- Enabling aged care givers to better provide for orphaned children under their care.
- Empowering most vulnerable households in semi-arid areas become food secure through adapting agriculture best practices to include climate change adaptation
- Strengthening community child protection systems to include safe spaces for adolescent girls and youth
- Development of well acknowledged capacity building institutional abilities highly sought after.
WEMIHS institutional capability for quality programming and rigorous management of resources have been confirmed by evaluations and audits conducted by various donors will be great value add to the proposed partnership. Previous donors include; DFID, USAID, CIDA/ Canada, Bernard van leer and National AIDS Control Council.